Want to know if your manuscript is good enough for publication? Need a professional edit and editorial critique? If so, I can help…
Writing and publishing a novel manuscript is an exciting adventure. You’ve worked hard on your new masterpiece and you want it to be your best work…
Before sending it off to the printers or to a traditional publisher, it’s a great idea to have a fresh pair of eyes review it, especially someone who specializes in manuscript editing. You’ve spent so much time engrossed in your work that it has become hard to spot errors that would be obvious to someone else. You need an editor who can take an honest look at your work and provide valuable feedback to help you improve not just your novel but your writing skills as well.
When writers work with me, it’s like they’re taking a novel writing course. They’re polishing their current manuscript while they’re putting techniques and tips into practice that will have long-term benefits.
Jody Calkins is skilled in the art of editing, impeccably thorough, timely, accessible, and organized. With her expertise and kindly suggestions, I was able to whip my manuscript into something to be proud of. I highly recommend her services. – Kelly Marsh, Author
Ready to hire a book editor for your manuscript? Whether you’re self-publishing or sending your manuscript to a traditional publisher, I can help you become a better writer. That’s my passion.
What will you get with my copyediting services?
- In-depth line editing identifying errors and problems
- An editorial report highlighting your strengths and areas that need attention
- Guidance on correcting problems and making improvements
- Instructions on avoiding future grammar, punctuation, and structural mistakes
How much will it cost?
My rate for fiction copyediting is 3.6 cents ($0.036) per word ($9 per page* or $2,880 for an 80,000-word manuscript).
What will the in-depth line edit look like?
Below is a basic sample of what the in-depth line edit will look like. For additional samples, check out my portfolio here – https://jodycalkins.com/copyediting-services/copyediting-samples/.
- One manuscript page is defined as 250 words.
- All projects are quoted in U.S. dollars and there is a minimum charge of $50 per project.
- 50% of the estimated project amount is due upfront with the remaining due upon project completion.
- Written documents must be submitted via email.
- Microsoft Word (.doc) or OpenOffice Writer (.odt) are acceptable formats.
- The in-depth line-by-line editing will be done electronically inside your electronic file.
For more information about my copyediting services, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.