Originally posted on December 22, 2009 on emeryroad.wordpress.com
I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Twitter can be a very effective marketing tool to gain more business, more exposure, and more credibility for your company. But how do you ensure that you’re putting your best foot forward and making the most of your Twitter marketing efforts?
Well, following a few basic guidelines will help you maximize your Twitter potential. Use this checklist to see where you stand and how your efforts can be improved.
- Determine what you want to achieve from Twitter and develop a Twitter marketing plan.
- Make use of your Twitter bio.
- Schedule time in your agenda for Twitter marketing.
- Plan your tweets to maintain consistency.
- Keep your tweets under 120 characters to improve their retweetability.
- Choose your characters (i.e., words) carefully to make the most of your tweet.
- Use relevant hashtags in your tweets.
- Post tweets several times throughout the day.
- Don’t just post things about you and your company; share other information that is relevant to your followers.
- Unless you’re trying to reach an international audience, avoid tweeting at odd hours of the night when only a rare few will see the tweets.
- Proofread your tweets.
- Interact with your followers.
- Thank people who retweet or mention you. Unless you’re a big name on Twitter, don’t just post a general “thank you” in your Twitter stream. Instead, include the @ and the person’s Twitter name so he can see your message.
For more information on how to use Twitter, head on over to my post, The Why and How of Twitter.
About the Author: Jody Calkins is a freelance business writer who writes about business development, risk management, security protection, and business standards. Visit www.emeryroad.com for more information and samples.
- Realizations About Tracking Progress - May 28, 2020
- Goal Setting & Productivity 101 - May 25, 2020
- Obsessed With Social Media? This Might Be For You! - May 21, 2020