Originally posted on December 2, 2009 on emeryroad.wordpress.com
Are you utilizing LinkedIn’s full capabilities?
LinkedIn is a great tool for developing your web presence. While you may not experience immediate or direct benefits from your LinkedIn profile, having a robust profile will enhance your credibility with customers and clients.
To maximize your LinkedIn experience, be sure to take advantage of its full features. Here is a list to get you started on the right track.
- Set up a profile with biographical information
- Upload a photo or company logo
- Set up a company profile
- Connect with people you know
- Request recommendations from your connections
- Recommend others
- Get introduced to your network’s connections
- Find people with similar interests
- Ask or answer questions
- Join groups
- Start discussions
- Start a group
- Update your status for more exposure
- Post jobs
- Look for jobs/contract work
- Ask for referrals for needed services
- Link to your Twitter account
- Promote your blog or website
- Find events in your area
- Learn more about a company or individual
How are you using LinkedIn? Are you utilizing all available features?
About the Author: Jody Calkins is a freelance business writer who writes about business development, risk management, security protection, and business standards. Visit www.emeryroad.com for more information and samples.